Ain't I a Woman

Ain't I a Woman
Pearl of Great Price

Friday

Thank you cards from magazine cuts


Remember the old days when scrapbooking was using magazine cutouts, stickers and decorative edge scissors.  I want to hide those old scrapbooks and collages.  I remember having collages hanging im my bedroom and later in my college dorm room of all the teenage heart throbs, actors and singers.  So, when I was presented with this challenge I had a chance to revisit my memories.

The challenge was to make a card or layout only using magazine cutouts.  No scrapbooking embellishments or techniques were allowed, however we could use pop dots.  I made these sea turtle, collage, thank you cards.  Sentiment: Good to SEA you.  This was a nice trip down memory lane and a fun project. 

I was so tempted to at least ink the edges (didstress) of the torn paper card base.  I may have to add some bling before I use them...and some glossy accents on the bubbles...perhaps some eyes...and whatever other embellishments I can think of. lol  How did we manage with such arcaic supplies lol.

2 comments:

  1. Your cards are so cute...I love the "sea you"! I've only been scrapping for just over a year, so I don't have the same history you do with it! Perhaps you should share some of your first masterpieces here!lol :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your cards tina! isn't it just crazy how we didn't have even HALF of the products to use way back when that we have today? :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment, it will be posted after comment moderation.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive