Ain't I a Woman

Ain't I a Woman
Pearl of Great Price

Friday

My first dotee inspired doll

So I keep seeing these dotee dolls.  They are supposed to only be swapped or given away, but it seems like I have seen them for sale before.   

What is a dotee doll?
A dotee is a type of small handmade fabric doll ranging in size from 3-7 inches. They have a face, tail and hanger with no arms or legs. The tail and body of the doll may be decorated with various items like ribbons and beads. Dotee dolls were originally created by Dorothy Christian.  I have clicked on so many links to her blog only to see a bunch of polka dot items and NOTHING about the dolls. So instead of me posting the useless link and cause you the same frustration...just remember Google is your friend. lol 
Here's my take on the craft. 

Materials:
scrap fabric
beaded trim
beads for hanger and dangles
felt
bic mark it pens
embroidery floss
button
needle and thread
poly fill








I like to think of my dangles as legs.  


My mom says that they look like the little rag dolls that she and her friends made as kids.  I guess the old stuff really does become the new stuff (LOL)



 
 
 
 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you come back soon.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, girl! Are you ever on a creativity roll these days! This is too cute! I really love the beads you used around the face...so fabulous! I also love the dangle legs! Keep on going...can't wait to see what you come up with next! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tina, this is just soooo cute, I had never heard of these until today. Great job girl. I have become a follower.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment, it will be posted after comment moderation.

Related Posts with Thumbnails