Ain't I a Woman

Ain't I a Woman
Pearl of Great Price

Monday

My Black is Beautiful Challenge 3

For this challenge we had to do a lo about our hair.  I have had many hairstyles during my life, but I love my hair now.  I wear locs and for me nothing compares to having natural, chemical free hair.  I love being a black woman, there are so many different things I can do with my hair.  A couple of years ago I cut my locs real short after growing them since 2004.  It became difficult to maintain long hair with my medical conditions and physical limitations.  I have been enjoying every stage of my hair journey.  Although my hair is getting long again, I do not think I will cut it this time.  I pray for the strength to maintain it well.  Here is the lo I made:

I made the collage a while ago as an exercise in learning to embrace all parts of me.  I can recall having love notes to myself posted all over my apartment.  I am fearfully and wonderfully made...but finally my soul does know it right well.

Journaling:
©2012 by Tina Riley
I am not my hair
I love my hair
Beautiful hair
Sexy is my hair
Curly is my hair
Natural is my hair
Healthy is my hair
Thank God for my hair
I am not my hair
I love my hair

Materials:
Collage
cs
ribbon

Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you come again soon.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I really like this one, Tina! What a fabulous statement..."my soul does know it right well!" Love it! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment, it will be posted after comment moderation.

Related Posts with Thumbnails